You know the story:
The miller's daughter makes a deal with a creature, to spin "gold" for a "king", and asks her firstborn in return. But have you ever wondered what that old tale told?
What if it's not as literal as we were lead to believe?
What pushed her to do it?
What pushed everyone to make the choices they made?
What makes a monster, in a place where there's always a heavy price to pay?
And how many ways is there for the story to end?
The miller's daughter is imprisoned in the windmill by her own father and chosen husband for the impossible task of "spinning gold", and under threat of literal death. To make matters worse, there is a lurking, haunting monster creature, standing right outside her window - her only escape. Her chances at this game of choices are like the spun thread trapping her wrists, as it seems her fate lies on many hands,
and none are hers.
- About 1.500 lines of script (around 1 hour of gameplay)
- 6 endings
- A romanceable option
- Custom-made mini-game
- Partial voice acting
- 10+ music tracks
- Over 60 sprites and visual assets with fully-realized backgrounds
Done in exactly one month (...except for everything that was not).
Genre: Fairytale / Dark Fantasy / Horror
Created for the Spooktober VN Contest of 2022
NC-17: For violent situations, including mention of animal cruelty and of domestic abuse.
TIPS FOR THE MINI GAME:
Use the arrow keys in your keyboard
Each image corresponds to an arrow-keys pattern. When an image pops-up, type the corresponding pattern (reference at the left side of the screen)
Try to memorize what each image pattern is
Don't let the music freak you out
If you lost and didn't save, just use the SKIP option
(it will land you straight at the choices and mini-game itself)
This game is still under development and will receive updates in the future.
- ReyNadiaI: Writing, Sketching/Assets, RumpelMonster Sprites and CGs, Animations, Music, Incidental Voiceacting and Directing. - https://itch.io/profile/reynadiai
- Hessaimarian: RumpelBishie Sprites and CGs, General CGs, Directing assist, Additional Color/Assets and Proof Reading (/Additional Content)
- Dysther: Backgrounds and Menu Art-- https://www.deviantart.com/dysther
- bbqseaweed: Linework Clean-up (Hands Character Sprites) - https://bbqseaweed.itch.io/
- serpentsBreakdown: Proof Reading and Concepts assist - https://brainwashfalls.tumblr.com/
- Srujana Puttreddy: UX design/UI art - https://designbysru.itch.io/ https://uxfol.io/srujana
- Acta: Music
- IntStories: Ren'Py Programmer - IntStories - itch.io, @InteractiveSto3
- Bunni: Ren'Py Programmer - https://smallbunny.itch.io/
- Kayel: Ren'Py Programmer- https://l-kayel.itch.io/
- Androbar: Ren'Py Programmer, Minigame and GUI Programming
Special Thanks to: Meg TheLovableDork for the emotional support
Resources: Knitty.com, Zapsplat, Pixabay, Freepng, Photoshop, Freepik, Ruritania font by Paul Lloyd (dafont.com)